Sunday, July 17, 2011

Christmas crafts!

Ho, Ho, Ho....Merry Christmas! In the spirit of the season, I thought I would share some ornament ideas I've made in the past with my kinders. Each year, I purchase gift bags and do Santa hand prints on the front. As we make an ornament, we place them in the bag and before school dismisses for the holidays, I add tissue!  My students take this home and present it to parents as their Christmas gift. It's always a HUGE hit. 
Here are some of the ornaments we place inside.  They vary from year to year depending on snow days and what kits I can find on clearance at craft stores. 





There is no rhyme or reason to my applesauce & cinnamon ornament or my shredded wheat & Elmer's glue ornament recipes. I just keep adding and mixing until I get to the consistency I want.  Please note: both ornaments take days to dry so I recommend doing these at the beginning of December.  Also, I would wear rubber gloves and have your kinders, too!  Happy crafting. ~Miss E

No comments:

Post a Comment