Saturday, April 28, 2012

College begins with Kindergarten!

Hey ya'll!  We're gearing up for Kindergarten graduation at our school.  May 17th to be exact. This will be the first year we've done anything like this. Normally, we just have a little presentation and students read a poem or perform a cute song for parents, we invite them to our room for snacks, and call it a day.  But this year, we're going ALL out. Diplomas and all. Needless to say, I'm scouring the internet for ideas and wondering what to do.  Here are some of my favorite pinterest finds. 
Love the paper plate faces. I'm debating on making this....
Or this? Sooooo cute.  
I got crafty and put together these letters with my Cricut. I'm gonna hang them from my clothesline in my room and then hang the kinders' pictures around it! It's going to be my focal point for the little open house we plan on having after the ceremony. 
I may even make these yummy things, too. We'll see?? Look out Martha. 
Yup, we are definitely learning First Grade! First Grade! and singing it. It makes my heart smile. What other songs would you recommend?
Here is a fun little keepsake I plan on doing for parents. Just click on the picture to grab it from google docs! I'll fill out the top part (name, age, grade, teacher) and let my students fill out the rest.  Then, I'll paint their hand and do a little hand print on the right side, mount on fun scrapbook paper, and laminate.  These will be laying at their desks along with a few other items for parents to take home after the graduation ceremony. I'm sure they'll love them! Do you all have any other ideas? This is a first for us at the Springs so I could use some help! Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment