Monday, February 6, 2012

Presidential freebie

Hey friends! I'm gearing up for Valentine's Day and trying to stay ahead of the game by being a few weeks planned out. While I should always do this....THIS never happens. It helps to have a student teacher! :) Anyways....while looking at some upcoming units, I started getting excited about President's Day. I just love my Presidential unit and am even more excited about it this year because I purchased DeAnna's America unit! Whoo hoo! I snagged a few pics of a George Washington project my students made and a bulletin board we put together out of their shadows last year. I actually drew my kinders' shadows for Groundhog Day and held on to their outlines for this bulletin board. Can I get an AMEN for killing 2 birds with 1 stone?! Yess!!! 

















I put together this little informative booklet/emergent reader for my kiddos and wanted to share.  Most of the clipart was found on Scholastic. Students can "butter" the words they know, label the February calendar on pg. 2 and sticker President's Day with a gold star, and even draw themselves as the president on the last page. I hope you enjoy. I don't know about ya'll...but that 3 day weekend cannot get here soon enough!  Can't a woman get a cold front up in here?!?
Just click on the image to grab from google docs and leave me some love, please! Hope everyone had a happy day back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment